You’re not alone if you struggle daily to control your underarm sweat and odor. Also known as axillary hyperhidrosis, 90,000 people worldwide face this condition. Excessive underarm sweating is not only embarrassing – it’s also uncomfortable in the most compromising moments during our home, work, and social life. Stop trying to resolve excessive underarm sweating with over-the-counter antiperspirant deodorants. Seek help from Dr. Vivian Bucay, who is a physician skilled in miraDry® treatment.
Quick and Non-Invasive miraDry® for Excessive Sweating
This treatment uses electromagnetic energy to heat your sweat glands and remove them. The result is that your body doesn’t regenerate new sweat glands, leading to your ability to cool down. miraDry® provides long-lasting underarm sweating control.
miraDry® Treatment Basics:
- Shaving of underarms before treatment
- A local anesthetic is applied to numb the area before treatment
- Electromagnetic energy is applied to targeted areas with the miraDry® handpiece
- The energy causes thermolysis – a decomposition of heat – in the sweat glands
- The sweat glands are destroyed and no longer produce sweat and odor
- Icing will be recommended after the treatment to help swelling and any soreness
Dr. Vivian Bucay typically recommends two miraDry® sessions spaced three months apart.
miraDry® is an FDA-approved, non-invasive treatment designed to provide long-lasting sweat and odor emitting from your underarms. Individuals suffering from hyperhidrosis can benefit from this treatment which uses microwaves to destroy sweat glands in the armpit area.
Candidates for miraDry® Treatment
Anyone who sweats excessively can benefit from miraDry®.
Are you tired of:
- Embarrassing sweaty underarms?
- Sweaty stains on your clothes?
- Trying to find an over-the-counter antiperspirant remedy?
Then, you’re a candidate for miraDry®. Some people suffering from hyperhidrosis also sweat excessively in other areas:
- Hand palms
- Soles of the feet
- Head and forehead
In these cases, Botox may be recommended as a treatment option.
Professional miraDry® Underarm Sweating Treatment
Contact Bucay Center for Dermatology and Aesthetics to schedule your MiraDry consultation at Dr. Vivian Bucay’s Sonterra or La Casita practices in San Antonio, TX, by calling 210-692-3000 today.