We’ve created the Bucay Spotlight to let you know what’s trending in our office, whether it’s our products or our staff!
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month. The purpose of this month is to raise awareness of melanoma and to encourage the public to examine their skin to check for suspicious spots. Please read the tips below to help prevent skin cancer and take advantage of our special sunscreen offer. You can also click here to read about Dr. Bucay’s personal battle with Melanoma.
Melanoma Prevention Tips:
- Seek the shade – especially between 10 am and 4 pm
- Do not burn
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses
- Use a broad spectrun (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor adtivity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with and SPF of 30 or higher
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) or sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating.
- Keep newborns out of the sun – Sunscreens should be used on babies over the age of six months
- Examine your skin – head to toe every month
- See your physician every year for a professional skin exam
In addition to these prevention methods, Dr. Bucay also takes Heliocare oral antioxidant to decrease skin damage.
Check out Dr. Bucay in the Dr. Oz article,
Ethnicity & Aging
Enter the EltaMD Sweepstakes!
You could win a $1,000 trip and an EltaMD Sun Care Kit
Cellfina is perfect for the upcoming summer months and will keep you cellulite free for a whole year! Read more about our Cellfina treatment here.