Losing weight can get more challenging the closer you get to your goal. Many people have heard of those dreaded last 10 pounds. Eating right and exercising are great, and they also may not be quite enough to get the body you want. That’s why there’s CoolSculpting! Here, we discuss what CoolSculpting does and what you can expect after treatment.
CoolSculpting is a device that removes extra body fat. Initially, this treatment was praised for its ability to get rid of stubborn belly fat. Over time, however, new applicators have been designed. We can now use the CoolSculpting device to treat the abdomen, muffin top, love handles, inner and outer thighs, upper arms, and the chin. These are some of the areas that are most resistant to diet and exercise and therefore some of the most commonly treated.
A CoolSculpting treatment sets off a cascade of events. First, the device targets fat cells to cool them to right around 40 degrees Fahrenheit. The result of sustained cooling is the formation of crystals in targeted cells. These crystals damage fat cells, which leads to their metabolism over time. It can take several weeks for cryolipolysis and fat elimination to occur. Once it does, results can last indefinitely with good lifestyle habits.
Side Effects of CoolSculpting
Patients often want to know what they might expect after CoolSculpting; not only in terms of results and when they may see them but also in terms of side effects. The following may occur during and/or after treatment:
- Patients may feel a tugging sensation in their treatment area. This is because the applicator suctions a small area of fat in between cooling panels. This is not painful but can feel odd or slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes.
- During and after treatment, effects of cold temperatures may occur, including tingling, numbness, and cramping.
- After CoolSculpting, the skin will be red and may look swollen or bruised.
- Tingling, numbness, and aching or cramping can occur for a few days after treatment.
- Skin sensitivity in the treatment area can last up to two weeks.
Get Your Ideal Body with CoolSculpting
Contact our Sonterra or La Casita office today to schedule your body-sculpting consultation.