Botox has grown in worldwide popularity within no time at all, but just in case you still haven’t heard about it, we are here to tell you what it is and how it can benefit you. Yes—you! Botox is an FDA-approved medication, which is injected into the body and relaxes, stiffens, and smooths muscles and skin. These injections mostly compose of protenisious fluids and purified protein, giving the targeted area a smoother and younger appearance.
The Underlying Technique
Although Botox seems miraculous, the science behind it is simple. Botox utilizes neuro modulators, which eventually stop your nerves from stimulating and moving the targeted muscles. This muscle movement is the main reason for facial and expression lines. Botox not only stops the creation of new lines, though. It also treats obvious wrinkles as the underlying muscles are injected with softening solutions.
What Areas Can Be Treated With Botox?
When people think of Botox, they most often think of the face, and this is true. However, Botox can target very specific areas and problems, such as:
- Forehead Lines
- Dimpled Chins
- Frown Lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Neck Bands
- Lip Lines
- Neck creases
What You Should Know Before Going in for Botox:
- Various painkillers and Botox do not mix. We recommend stopping the use of medications such as aspirin at least 15 days before your treatment.
- Botox has no recovery time whatsoever. You can return to your normal activities immediately after the treatment.
- Avoid to laying down for at least 5 hours after the Botox procedure.
- Monitor the treated area. If you find any kind of bruising, icing is the best remedy. You can use an ice pack immediately after the treatment, if needed.
- The full effect may not become obvious for about a week or two. This waiting period varies from person to person.
- If lines and wrinkles reappear, we can treat them at our center with the appropriate fillers and injections.
- Pain resulting from Botox will vary from person to person. The initial needle prick for the injection will probably be the only pain you feel, however. Botox is essentially painless.
- The technology and composition offered at our center is formulated to ensure longer-lasting results. The results will vary, however, depending on your skin type.
Schedule a consultation
Dr. Vivian Bucay is a leader in Botox in the San Antonio area. Come experience Botox treatments at our offices in La Casita and Sonterra! Call today!