Yes: You want to improve the tone and texture of your skin without surgery. Double Yes: We understand that you haven’t taken care of your skin over the years. Photofacial technology – also known as Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy – can help undo damaging sun exposure and general neglect of your face, neck, hands, and chest over the years. Dr. Vivian Bucay is a board-certified dermatologist experienced in treating damaged skin conditions using non-invasive IPL photofacial technology.
Non-invasive IPL Photofacial Benefits
IPL Photofacial is a highly recommended method of improving the overall look of skin with little to no recovery downtime.
This technology treats a vast array of skin conditions, including:
- Age spots
- Brown spots
- Irregular pigment
- Stretch marks
- Dilated blood vessels
- Broken blood vessels
- Enlarged pores
The goal of IPL Photofacial is to bring out the natural tone, texture, and overall consistency in the problematic skin area, by improving skin texture with collagen stimulation. Results appear gradually over the weeks following your successive treatments. Skin discoloration and flaws are reduced as the body moderately produces new collagen.
Non-invasive IPL Photofacial Procedure
The length of each procedure depends on an individual’s skin damage needs. Treatments are scheduled on a series basis, month to month.
Treatment results are gradually realized after undergoing the following procedure:
- Dark glasses are worn to protect your eyes from light
- A cool gel is applied to the target area(s) of skin damage
- A hand-held device with a smooth surface is directly applied to the skin as it pulses light
- Light is deeply absorbed into the skin
- IPL light is absorbed by red blood cells (hemoglobin) and pigmentation (melanin) in the damaged skin area(s)
- Damaged melanin is broken up and absorbed by the skin, reducing its outward appearance
- Blood flow is stimulated by damaged hemoglobin, allowing for melanin to be absorbed efficiently
Undo the Damage to Your Skin Without Invasive Surgery
IPL Photofacial therapy can help to undo most of the visible damage caused by excessive sun exposure and skincare neglect over the years. Contact Dr. Vivian Bucay to schedule your consultation at her Sonterra or La Casita practices in San Antonio, TX, by calling 210-692-3000 today.