We may still be in the thick of a busy holiday season, but that doesn’t mean we can’t look forward to making a few changes that might make like a little sweeter in the new year. Studies show that having something to look forward to is one of the best ways to ward off the blues. Since the end of a holiday season can bring about a sense of melancholy, there is no time like the present to get an appointment with us on the books. Here, we will discuss a few of the simple treatments that can get you set for a sweet new year.
With all the talk of injectables and makeup tricks for contouring, we can forget the importance of addressing the process of aging as it occurs. Sure, wearing sunscreen is helpful and its necessary to use quality products to cleanse, moisturize, and nourish the skin at every age. However, collagen and elastin loss are real problems that don’t get fixed by applying any topical ingredient to the epidermis. True skin rejuvenation isn’t even achieved with surgery. It’s achieved by forcing tissue regeneration that elevates the levels of collagen and elastin in the skin. We can do this using several different modalities, such as:
- Q-Switch Facial Rejuvenation, which combines Lumenis Universal IPL and ResurFX™ treatments into a Photofractional™ treatment for advanced results with little downtime.
- Genius RF Microneedling, which stimulates tissue remodeling by creating micro-channels in the upper layers of the skin and simultaneously depositing radiofrequency energy into them.
- Ultherapy, a proven ultrasound treatment designed to achieve long-lasting improvements in just one session. The Ultherapy device tells us exactly where to target to get the best results.
The term contouring can be applied both to the body and the face. In both areas, contouring may be a matter of reducing unwanted fatty tissue and tightening the skin. Ultherapy is one example of a facial contouring treatment. The heat of ultrasound energy can break apart fat cells under the chin, for instance, and also tighten the skin on the upper neck to restore a more angular jawline. Additional contouring procedures we love to perform include:
- CoolSculpting. This proven fat-reduction treatment targets fat cells with freezing temperature. The platform has expanded over time and can now treat numerous areas, including the abdomen, thighs, chin, back, backs of the arms, and more.
- EMSCULPT NEO. This device delivers a non-invasive body shaping procedure that uses radiofrequency heating for fat reduction and high intensity focused electromagnetic energy (HIFEM®), which tones and tightens the muscles. In clinical studies, EMSCULPT NEO reduced subcutaneous fat by up to 30%.
We’ve got you covered for more beauty in the new year. Contact us today to schedule a visit to La Casita or Sonterra.