Ultherapy is not a new treatment, but it is one around which there is a fair amount of mystery. Just what is Ultherapy, besides Christie Brinkley’s go-to treatment to stay fresh? And, more importantly, why would you want to schedule your Ultherapy treatment in one of our comfortable San Antonio offices? Here, we touch on a few of the many reasons why patients say they love this non-surgical face lifting treatment.
What is Ultherapy?
Simply put, Ultherapy is a cosmetic ultrasound treatment. More precisely, it is a technique through which powerful ultrasound waves are delivered to a target depth of tissue to provoke positive change that results in a younger looking face.
Why try Ultherapy:
- The ultrasound imaging first tells us exactly how deep to send ultrasound waves beneath the skin. The first depth is the SMAS layer of tissue, where muscle provides structure to the face. It is the SMAS that is manipulated during a facelift, so this is the perfect depth to stimulate regeneration.
- The second layer of tissue that is targeted is the upper dermis, where collagen is produced. The varying depths of treatment enable us to achieve more dramatic results more quickly.
- Only one treatment is necessary. Most people achieve outstanding results from just one Ultherapy treatment. Furthermore, statistics indicate that 95% of the men and women who have received Ultherapy are happy with their appearance one year after their procedure.
- Ultherapy can target one area or the whole face. Patients may narrow in on a brow lift or jowl lift with Ultherapy, or they can choose to treat their face, neck, and chest.
- Results appear immediately. We all like to see the fruits of our labor or return on our investment quickly whenever possible, and Ultherapy delivers. This is because ultrasound waves heat the collagen strands in superficial tissue, causing them to contract and tighten the overlying skin.
- Results continue to improve. Over the course of several months after Ultherapy, the body continues to remodel the collagen fibers in the treated area. This means the improvement in skin tone and texture gets better over time.
Learn more about Ultherapy. Call our La Casita or Sonterra office today.