What can San Antonio patients expect after a Vectus laser hair removal treatment?
Unwanted facial and body hair can present a great deal of problems for patients in San Antonio. From the annoyance of having to shave, wax, tweeze, or apply hair removal creams repeatedly to feeling self-conscious about hair that shows up in embarrassing places like the face or chin, patients often search for a permanent solution to end their unwanted hair problems. In these cases, laser hair removal offers the lasting results that patients want.
This treatment offers many advantages over other methods of hair removal such as shaving, waxing, electrolysis, or waking. For example, laser hair removal provides permanent results with minimal discomfort rather than repetitive habits that can irritate the skin. Patients who come to the Bucay Center for Dermatology and Aesthetics often have many questions about laser hair removal treatment. Dr. Susan Lujan at the Hardy Oak location provides information about what to expect before, during, and after Vectus laser hair removal.
- Laser treatment can be used on patients of nearly any age. The younger you are when you opt for the treatment the greater value of your investment.
- Laser hair removal treatment can be used on many areas of the body including the face, arms, underarms, chest, legs, bikini line, and back.
- To remove the hair from the treatment area, multiple sessions will need to be conducted. This is because the hair grows in various stages and the treatment only works on growing hair follicles.
- During the treatment session, many people describe the feeling of the laser as a slight stinging or a warming sensation. This will subside as soon as the treatment is over, although some redness may continue after the session. To minimize your discomfort, Dr. Bucay recommends using cold compresses.
- Occasionally patients will mention that they tried laser treatment before and either didn’t like it or that it didn’t work. This is why it’s important to find a trained and skilled provider.
If you’re considering laser hair removal, call the Bucay Center for Dermatology and Aesthetics at 210.370.9995 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lujan at 18707 Hardy Oak Boulevard, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX.